Monday 20 December 2010

Andrew Smith MP writes in support of Headington Library!


“I would like to voice my strong support for the campaign to keep Headington, and other libraries, open.

Our libraries are literally centres of learning for the local community. They mean so much to local culture and the local quality of life. It concerns me that older people and children would be particularly hard hit by closure.

Shortly after I heard about the proposal I went to the library to have an informal word with the staff on duty. It must be such a worrying time for them.

I am heartened by the large number of letters and emails I have received opposing the library’s closure.

I am taking up all representations with the County Council. With my colleagues on the Council, I will do my level best to persuade its leadership to think again. I am proud of the way the community is rallying round the library, and will do all I can to try to save it.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - with Headington Library intact and serving the community.”

Andrew Smith MP
http://www.andrewsmithmp.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment